The Quality Assurance Standard is a comprehensive independent audit system for carbon offsets. Approved offsets are checked against a 40 point checklist to ensure they meet the very highest standards in the world.
Companies put their trust in the QAS to ensure their environmental credibility is Beyond Doubt.
- Our 40 point checklist makes the QAS the most comprehensive standard in the world for carbon offsetting.
We cover emissions factors, calculation methodologies, project methodologies, registry retiral, radiative forcing index, DEFRA Green Claims Guidance, pricing and other information provision, company checks and more
- We simplify complex multi-dimensional criteria into one easily recognisable over-arching standard
- We set, advocate and promote high standards of environmental integrity for our clients
- Our fee structure offers excellent value for carbon offset providers and airlines, either through the IATA programme or independently
Things you should know
1. We are international in our reach
2. The QAS Quality Mark is awarded after comprehensive checks are performed by an independent auditor
3. Carbon neutrality depends on robust carbon offsets
4. The QAS permits some kinds of VERs
5. We are not a trade body for the carbon offset industry
6. We prohibit companies selling QAS-approved offsets from selling carbon credits for investment purposes